hi hi hi australian bloggers!!! (and also anyone else who wants 2 help out)
our prime minister (TONY DICKHEAD ABBOTT) is trying to change fair work act (the act that keeps people happy, safe and secure at work) i have made a list of why this is so dumb and annoying and it’s so dangerous, particularly for young people to have to subject to.
- when you apply for a job, you have to sign and “individual contract” which basically means your co-workers are all treated different and payed different wages for doing the same job. this means your employer could pay you a minimum of $1 and hour and you would have no control over it.
- cuts down “take home pay” which is the $$$ you earn AFTER tax, so basically you are getting lower and lower wages for doing the work you have always done
- it gives employers a veto over industrial action (aka a strike or peaceful protest) so not only are you getting treated unfairly, you aren’t even allowed to protest it or you can face being discharged (fired)
- on public holidays, which you should rightfully be paid time and a half or double, you can be paid as little as 1c more an hour.
- unfriendly hours (such as working late at night, weekends and early mornings) will be regarded as worth the same pay as normal hours (9 to 5)
can you please go to this link where it has an already written email that you just have to enter you name, email etc and it is sent to the crossbench senators. please please please do this, it will take 10 minutes of your day and could help australian’s youths work in safe and comfortable environments where they aren’t exploited. thank u and reblog so we can all help thank you thank you